Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 22 - Record in your research journal


December 22 - Write in your research journal about the most extreme thing you've done while researching your roots. (Took a pillow to the library to nap in a carrel? Walked a cemetery in a blizzard?)

Okay, this may seem a little extreme to walk a cemetery in a blizzard but I have walked one in a rain storm because I had travelled so far and decided not to waste the trip. I didn't stay long, and I didn't take any pictures, but I confirmed that relatives were buried there and I rescheduled a visit on a nicer day.

Remember if genealogy is not fun then why are we doing it? So you can always review your journal on a tough day and perhaps reading about one of your more extreme things might bring a smile to your face and reenergize you.

No comments:

Post a Comment