Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December 19 - Surnames


December 19 - Update the list of surnames you're researching and tuck it into your binder. Look them up in online databases whenever you have a few spare moments at the library.

I have my list on the back of my business card that I created. In a past posting, I talked about creating inexpensive business cards for your genealogy research. You will find that many times while visiting a library or courthouse you might run into other researchers. I have been asked for a list and this is a handy way to have it ready. The front of my card is very simple, with my name, my city and state, my email address, my website that I have my family history on and this blog website.

This way if my email changes, most likely my blog won't and I can update my email through my blog or my family website.

No comments:

Post a Comment