Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6

January 6 – Drop off holiday film for processing or upload digital photos.

Boy you can tell by today’s tip-of-day that this is from 2006. When was the last time you purchased film for your camera or had a camera that needed film? Well I saw on the news last night that Kodak stop producing film about two years ago. They may be going belly up, which is a shame because Kodak is a name that I trust.
I can’t stress enough that we all need to upload digital photos on a regular basis. On vacation, I lost my digital camera and I hadn’t uploaded the photos, from the previous vacations. I am heartbroken about losing the pictures more than losing the stupid camera. I was so mad at myself. The only good news was that I was able to purchase a new digital camera at an excellent price. The camera that I wanted was on sale and because it was on closeout and the display model, I saved even more. The store had the instructional manual and all the cords, just no box. I would have thrown the box away anyway.

So make sure you upload your digital photos to your computer and back them up right away. Make sure to do this right after you get home from whatever event you took pictures at or at least before you go to the next event that you plan to take pictures at. Buy more than one card for your camera, and take the empty card with you and leave the one with the pictures at home. If you are going to be gone a long time, make sure to have enough cards for your camera. Consider bringing a laptop with you so that you can upload pictures during your vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment