Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21 - Visit your FHC to view the microfilm you ordered in January

April 21 – Visit your FHC to view the microfilm you ordered in January. Take the opportunity to search Ancestry Library Edition, Heritage Quest Online www.heritagequestonline.com and other subscription web sites for free.

Okay that was back in 2006, I thought I ancestry dropped FHC as a place to use their library edition. I could be wrong. But in my town, the local community college offers ALE and HQO for free and in my classes I promote this. If a person has a library card, they can use HQO from home!

Today I went to my very first DAR meeting as a guest. They are having a workshop on Thursday and I can find out more what is required to apply for membership. It seems as if they do a lot of fund raising and to be honest, I don’t like groups like that. I understand some fund raising, but to keep asking members to donate to this and donate to that turns me off to organizations like that. I want to join a group like DAR and learn more about history and such. I understand and support our veterans so I can be made about that, but how much money do you think I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment