Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 2 - Update your research to-do list.

April 2 – You spring ahead and lose an hour to Daylight Savings Time today. (Okay this was from 2006 and this has changed, we lost that hour several weeks ago.) Use what’s left to update your research to-do list.

Update your research to-do list often. I like to review it before I start researching if it’s been a while since my last research efforts. I also try to create a short to-do list at the end of my research day to leave ideas where to search next or to do next with the information that I have found. This aids my efforts the next time I pick up where I left off. I might think I will be researching tomorrow, but we all know that life happens when we make plans and I might not get back to that research project for several days, weeks, or even months. It’s has been a while since I have done actual research and I can’t remember when I last did some research or even what I was doing during that research.
Don’t forget that the 1940 US Census opened up today. Have you created your 1940 US Census to-do list yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment