Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January 30 – Find your nearest FHC.

Check the phone book or use the lookup on the FamilySearch home page (www.familysearch.org). I’m lucky to have a Family History Center in my town. With all this luck, I have only visited the center once. Why? You may ask, because I am unfamiliar with the center. I need to overcome my fear and go visit the Center and use their resources to get over my fears. I remember when I started doing genealogy research; I was about 20 years old, married and pregnant with my first child. I didn’t want others to know that I didn’t know what I was doing, so I muddled through it. Because of this, I made lots of mistakes. This will be goal, by the end of next week, I will revisit the center and allow the person to show me all the resources they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment