Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 26 - Jot down a store about her favorite female ancestor.

March 26 – Choose your favorite female ancestor and jot down some stories about her.

Today seems I am missing some of my female ancestors and relatives in general. Next month will mark 13 years since my sister died. She lost her battle with breast cancer at the tender age of 45 and I was only 34. She was the artist of the family and I have several of her paintings and drawings.

 I miss my mother who has died 10 years ago this coming September. She was my friend and I miss being able to talk to her. I loved going on shopping trips with her. She was a great mother and grandmother.

 I was only in third grade when my grandmother, my mother’s mother passed away. I remember her perfume and her wonderful hugs. She lived in the upstairs unit of the duplex that she own with her daughter, my aunt. I remember being the first one out of the car and running up the stairs to get the first hug from her. She always had a tub of toys for me to play with and now I have a tub of toys for my granddaughter to play with.


No comments:

Post a Comment