Friday, August 24, 2012

Aug 24 - Search Engines


Aug 24 – You’re missing out if you always use the same Web search engine to find relatives’ names. Try a new one such as A9 www.a9.com or AlltheWeb www.alltheweb.com

This is something I teach in my beginning genealogy class. I even point out those that seem to produce the same results. I have each person type in their own search on the various engines and to compare the results. Then I tell them to add the search engines that produce different results to their favorites or bookmarks on their browsers. This way they don’t have to remember what those search engines are. I use about three, Bing.com, Google.com and Yahoo.com. There are so many out there, check them out and see what happens when you type in your search.

No comments:

Post a Comment