Friday, January 12, 2024

Week 3: Favorite Photo (52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - 2024 Version)

The theme for Week 3 is “Favorite Photo.” This is one of my favorite prompts. Yes, I’ve used it in previous years, but it’s too good to not use again! Tell the story of a favorite photo; Who is in it, when and where it was taken, and why it was taken. (That last part is often left out!). Check out all of the 2024 prompts here.

One of my favorite pictures is of my mother. My mom, Orlien Mary Hafenstein was born On May 2, 1927 in Oshkosh, Winnebago, Wisconsin, USA. I am guessing she is about 2 years old in this picture. It was either taken in Oshkosh or Beaver Dam, Dodge, Wisconsin, USA. I don’t have the original and thus I don’t have the photographer information to determine where it was taken. 

I believe it was taken because my grandparents were married in 1929 and maybe while having their photo taken, they took this photo. Or since she was joining the Hafenstein family, she isn’t the biological child of her mother’s husband, they may have wanted a picture to share with his parents. I don’t know the specifics behind this photo because the first time I ever saw this photo was at my mother’s funeral. My eldest sister had this picture and was sharing it on the photo board.

What is your favorite photo?

Remember to have fun and Just Do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment