Friday, May 24, 2024

Week 22: Creativity (52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks – 2024 Version)

The theme for Week 22 is "Creativity." Whether it's doing arts and crafts, making a meal of out seemingly nothing, or playing music, some of our ancestors were creative people. Sometimes we have to be creative in finding our family tree! As always, feel free to be creative in how you interpret this week's theme. Click here to see all the 2024 Themes. Click here to see all the 2024 Themes. 

When we look back at our ancestors to find creative people, my thoughts go to “Did they have free time to be creative”? If their profession was a carpenter, then yes, they may have had time to be creative because I have seen lots of creative carpentry work from days gone by.

What about the blacksmiths in your family, did they expand their work into any creative iron work projects? 

Most of my ancestors were farmers, and I wondered if they found time to be creative. I think back to my favorite TV series growing was “Little House on the Prairie” where Pa Ingalls played the violin. Like Pa Ingalls, my great grandfather, David Crinion (1864-1950) played the violin. 

David’s father, James Crinion (1832-1923) appeared in various local plays. I remember seeing something in a newspaper clipping with him with his fellow actors.

In more recent times, my mother was an artist and she loved to paint most of her life. 

My creativity extends to house remodeling and writing blogs such as these. I do know how to crochet and I have done my fair share of blankets. I dabble in a few other creative endeavors, however my passion lies with genealogy.

My oldest daughter inherited the musical gene. She started taking guitar lessons around age 14 and quickly starting writing her own songs. Plus her and my other daughter and granddaughter have inherited my mother’s artistic talents. Below you will find the latest drawing that my granddaughter has done.

Who are the creative ones in your family tree?

Remember to have fun and Just Do Genealogy!. 


No comments:

Post a Comment